Friday 7 March 2008

Procrastination

I'm starting my PhD next week and wont have as much time on my hands, so today is my final day of freedom. I'm about to head over to the post office to pick up the paperwork for a new passport. I hope to attend many conferences during my PhD and also do some non-PhD related training overseas in Japan. It's a hassle getting a passport done, and I've been procrastinating about it for some time, but today is the day I'm going to get it sorted!

But the REAL reason why I'm getting my passport sorted is because I'm actually procrastinating about finishing this damn hippopotamus. It's really not that hard, but all of the bits are really getting to me. I've nearly done all of the applique and I'm now down to "putting it together". So I'm now up to the bit that requires working with 4 layers of batting and that isn't so fun. The baby is due today and that alone should be motivating me to get it finished. There's all the stress over "what if she doesn't like it?" "what if it ends up looking really dodgy?" "what if... err... I don't know...". I'm relying on the baby being late.

I don't think I want to give him his ears just yet... he'll hear all of my cursing!

I'm also sorting out my fat quaters and scraps at the moment (see? I'd rather organise fabric than sew this hippo) and found some cute little Japanese dinosaur and robot fabric that I'll turn into some little shoes for another friend's baby. So while I'm getting my passport paperwork I'll try to find some suede or leather too.

I'm thinking that even by typing this post, I'm procrastinating about all of the tasks above... I'm at the end of my post now. Better get cracking!

1 comment:

Dr. Health said...

So I'm now up to the bit that requires working
with 4 layers of batting and that isn't so fun.