Tuesday 2 September 2008

Low GI rhubarb, apple and strawberry crumble

Tonight I had a punnet of strawberries that needed using up fast, some cut rhubarb in the fridge and a couple of apples sitting merrily in the fruit bowl. And then I found this recipe for rhubarb, apple and strawberry crumble. It's low GI too.

I love crumble. Any type of crumble with any type of fruit. With a little ice cream, custard or just on it's own. It's a cold weather thing and something that I look forward to each winter.

For this recipe, I just chopped the apple and put all the fruit in the baking dish, tossed through the sugar and cinnamon, put it in the microwave for 3 minutes, put the cumble mixture on top and baked for 30 mins. Too easy. Ok, so the photo makes it look ugly (need to improve photography skills) - I was in a rush to gt out the door - but it tastes so good, lots of tang.


After two hours of training I was absolutely ravenous and all I could think about in the last quater hour was that delicious crumble waiting on the bench for me when I got home. And boy it was good when I finally got to eat it.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Looks pretty yummy from here Beth! Gx