Thursday 21 February 2008

Coconut creamed rice = absolute bliss

500 ml milk
400 ml coconut milk
1 cup short grain rice

Bring milk and coconut milk to almost boiling, add rice, reduce to low. Keep stirring until it's that delicious oh-so-creamy consistency and the rice is cooked through.

Serve with peaches or raspberries or whatever. Keep the left overs in the fridge.
I have found myself doing the whole "Oh, maybe I just need to pop by the kitchen for... errr.. what was I in the kitchen for? I don't remember but there's creamed rice. I'll just have a bit more..." or mysteriously walking past the fridge and winding up with a spoon in my hand and there being not-very-much creamed rice left...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe! I know your post was made a while ago now but I must say this is the easiest one to make. For me being a Vegan, I use fortified soy milk instead and it still works great.

Dr. Health said...

Serve with peaches or raspberries or whatever.

Билеты Формула 1 Валенсия said...

Wow, there's really much effective information above!

www.muebles-en-almeria.com said...

Pretty effective info, thanks for the post.