Monday 18 February 2008

Floppy sun hat

I made a sun hat. I needed one desperately to protect my delicate, pale skin! I have a bad habit of going out without any protection, getting burned so I look like a lobster (oh yes, I definitely inherited my father's pommy skin!). And let me tell you that there is nothing worse than getting a burnt scalp. The pattern, again, comes from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing book. I laughed when it said "Oh you'll need a couple of nights to finish this" and I re-read the instructions and thought "Pfffft! What is she on about? No way will it take that long!". Well I learned why.

The crown was all wrong for my head. It looked plain silly. My head just isn't that long. I kept the top of the hat the same, and the brim (I really liked how the brim came out), and just had to play with the crown a whole lot. But then it didn't stay on properly in strong breezes, so I added some ties. Now I have a nice hat for pottering out and about in the garden in, or snoozing while trying to read a book outside under a tree. It is very comfortable to wear though.

4 comments:

order online zenegrs said...

Hi,
I like this sun hat..Really beneficial to skin to protect from sun..
Thanks for posting this blog...

Medical Blog said...

The crown was all wrong for my head.

kaycee said...

That sun hat looks amazing on you.

Registry Repair Software

Find Hospitals in your Area said...

I would learn a lot from your blog here, Keep on going for the good information, my friend, I
would keep an eye on it.
Find Hospitals in your Area