Friday 8 February 2008

Peanut butter cookies

Betty Crocker is no good for my waistline!

It's my last day of work today (yes, ever, at this job) so at about 11pm last night I decided to bake a batch of peanut butter cookies. I found the recipe here.

For whatever reason my cookies didn't turn out exactly like the picture (I suspect my habit of not bothering to measure might have played a part in this... I think I put in too much butter) so they flattened out a little more, kind of like the cookies you buy at Subway, but damn they still taste good. I'll post my version of this recipe:

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 1/4 cups plain flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
A handful and a bit of peanuts

1. Mix sugars, peanut butter, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours (or overnight) or until firm.
2. Heat oven to 180ÂșC
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with fork dipped into sugar.
4. Bake 9 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. While waiting and watching the butter from your cookies ooze underneath the greaseproof paper, eat the remaining scraps of mixture in the bowl with a spoon. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.

2 comments:

About Medicine Blog said...

I think I put in too much butter) so they flattened out a little more,
kind of like the cookies you buy at Subway, but damn they still taste good.

Social Search said...

Such a wonderful blog. Keep posting. I follow you.
Groupon Clone| Formspring Clone|