Saturday 23 February 2008

My favourite 15 minute meal: Home made pizza

When I'm feeling lazy after a big training session or on a Saturday night when I want to veg out and not think, I make these. To me a pizza is best with a thin crust and not so totally covered with cheese that you can't identify whatever else is on the pizza.

Today's pizza features:
- Pita bread
- Tomato paste with a mexican blend of spices, just for something different
- Mushrooms
- Spinach
- Tomato
- Spanish onion
- Fresh cut pumpkin, thinly sliced (I usually microwave the pumpkin for a minute in the microwave to give it a head start)
- Cheese (low fat, cos low fat tasty is so tasteless it's almost like mozarella anyway!)

Bake in oven, 200C for 12-15 mins.

Before


After -- ohhh doncha just wish you had dinner at my place last night?

Any leftover pitas (why on earth do they sell them in packs of 5?) are chopped up and popped in the oven for 5 mins to make pita chips. And then, if I'm still feeling lazy Sunday night, I can turn them into pita nachos!

1 comment:

Medicine said...

Tomato paste with a mexican blend of
spices, just for something different.