Last night we were heading to a friend's place for dinner and I was asked to make dessert. It's difficult finding a recipe that's moderately healthy and quick to make, so I made my own. This recipe did turn out to achieve its goal in moderate healthiness and was ridiculously quick to make. It was also given the double thumbs up by our friends, and was promptly gobbled up.
Beth's most fantastic berry yoghurt trifle
- 10-12 sponge fingers (I used the Unibic brand), cut in half
- 500 g vanilla yoghurt (I used Jalna's low fat variety as I prefer the more "natural yoghurt" flavour)
- 500 g frozen mixed berries (or whatever berries you like)
- 1/3 cup warm water
- Mix the berries and warm water together. If the berries you have chosen taste a bit tart (i.e. raspberries) then you may want to dissolve in 1-2 tbsp sugar.
- Make a layer of halved sponge fingers on the bottom of your dish. Pour half the yoghurt on top. Pour half the berrie mixture on top.
- Add another layer of spong fingers and repeat.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 30 mins, although the longer the better so the sponge fingers can soften and absorb all of the juices. I made mine in the afternoon and by dinner time it was perfect.