Wednesday 14 May 2008

Sassy Apron - Summer edition

I'm totally lacking inspiration here. I have some great summery fabrics that have been sitting in my stash for ages. I have a pattern - well I'm going to trace around one of my super comfy aprons that I own. But I am at a total loss as to where to go next. I have no idea what sort of layout I should do. I want it to have pockets because apron pockets are always useful, but what sort of pockets? Do I want to put any extra embellishments on, other than the ricrac I have to edge the apron with? I've been doing some little doodles in the margins of the research papers I've been reading while studying, but none of them have excited me so far. I really need to get this apron sewn this weekend so hopefully some wonderful, bubbly, summery idea comes soon!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

hi there
check out this link
gemma has a list of links on the right regarding apron inspiration
I hope it helps
http://kaotickraftkuties.blogspot.com/

kt said...

I'm at a loss too and am hoping to get mine completed this weekend!
I think fabric shopping is in order too :)

GOODLUCK!!

Beth said...

thanks for the link, kitty! It has definitely given me a few good ideas and I think I've even got a direction for my apron making on the weekend now!