Monday 7 July 2008

A fabulous outing

This morning Kat picked me up and took me too a mystery shopping destination. We parked and at Wattletree Rd and Burke Rd, and there on the corner, right opposite Central Park, was a shop with large windows, and I could see very clearly lots of colours. I could quite clearly see two rooms filled with patchwork fabrics! She had brought me to Patchwork on Central Park. I could hardly contain myself. Where to start?!


There were cute Japanese prints, retro kids prints, floral designs, animal prints, more traditional oriental prints, bold colours, pastels, folk prints, prints by Hollabee, Lara Cameron, Lotta Jansdotter and Auntie Cookie... oh my! Oh, and then there are the ribbons and trims that I wont even start on. I was in bliss.


After a coffee and raisin toast we made a trip to Fitzroy, where we headed to Clear It at 188 Brunswick Street. Normally I pick up a few things like hoodies or skirts from their downstairs section, where they sell leftovers and seconds from labels like Revival, Dangerfield and Alannah Hill. But today Kat and I headed straight to the 2nd floor, which is where the Alannah Hill fabrics are stocked: ends of the roll, seconds, faulty fabrics, buttons, notions etc. There are some truly beautiful fabrics, and some of the stretch ones definitely inspire me to learn how to use my overlocker. We bought some cotton fabric and a selection of light weight corduroys.

4 comments:

CurlyPops said...

What a great day out...I;ve never heard of Clear It but that sounds like just the place to visit!

Jenaveve said...

Mmmm... me jealous, sitting here at my desk, dreaming of Clear It and Patchwork on Central....

I love Clear It's bargains, and I've been upstairs once before, years back before I started sewing again - I'd forgotten all about that place!

Sounds like an awesome day.

kt said...

I am jealous! and can't wait to see what you make :)

and in answer to your question.. no i still haven't received my sassy apron swap :( and am getting over checking the mail box continually. This is my first swap I've ever been involved in so it's abit sad.

ricky martyn said...

A fabulous outing is i want visit there i like this please thanks buddy