Friday 11 July 2008

New purchase: Lotta Prints

I decided to purchase Lotta's latest book: Lotta Prints. It's been out for a while but I decided to buy it after finding it on Book Depository for just AU$16! I recently discovered this UK based company after recommendations from a couple of good friends of mine. Book Depository ships faster than Amazon, they're often the same price or cheaper than Amazon, and you don't have to pay for postage. Winner! Unfortunately I didn't find out about this sooner. I ordered some things for Gib's birthday that cannot be named from Amazon last week, and the expected time of arrival isn't until August 11 (2 weeks after his birthday! Urgh!). How can it possibly take 5 weeks to arrive? My Are they sending it by carrier pigeon? My Lotta Prints book, which I ordered two days ago, will arrive within a week. Maybe my Amazon order will arrive sooner than that and they are just giving me a generous ETA.

Anyway, I'm excited about the Lotta Prints book. If it's anything like her Simple Sewing book, then it's going to be easy and fun. And a messy too!


2 comments:

Liesl said...

Love the sound of Book Depository - must go and have a look, as my last Amazon order also took forever. Have fun with the new book when it arrives. It does look really great. Post lots of pictures of your projects!

CurlyPops said...

Thanks for the book link...the last thing I ordered on Amazon took three months!