Friday 26 February 2010

Baby stuff

One of my buddies from undergrad had her first child back in late November. I had originally planned to make a blanket, and thought I had three weeks to spare... but then the little boy decided to come early. And my overlocker decided it didn't want to play nice. So no overlocker, no time... but thankfully my sister-in-law-to-be stepped in with this adorable bunting pattern:




I chose to make B which turned out to be exceptionally quick and easy and I made it in a couple of hours, and it was a hit with the new parents. I was tempted to make C, just so I could laugh at my friend's baby looking like a turd (it's supposed to be a carrot, but it looks more like a turd to me). I do think D is kind of cool, I might have a go at that in the future.



I also made these two little shoes for him as well. Quick and easy and cute and adorable. And well received.



... and isn't he a cutie?


2 comments:

Kate said...

Some of those pictures are hilarious! What's with the Christmas tree? B was definitely the best choice.

.girl ferment. said...

Those shoes are wonderful.
How hilarious that pattern pictures are. Yellow star baby doesn't look too happy, and yes I like your thinking, C looks like a poo. You had me in fits of laughter, I think I might make a poo suit for my new niece...

Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find my way to yours. I hope you enjoy Trouble with Lichen, I did.
xx