Wednesday 25 June 2008

Some cute things in the past week...

My cousins came to visit and I was totally unprepared. So I decided to keep them entertained, and also fulfill my lifelong dream, by making giant choc chip cookies!


They went down a treat!

I was cleaning out my mum's fabric stash and found these! I was tickled pink! I love the duckies (they are printed along the edge of what I think used to be a tablecloth), but the fabric with the koala and squirrel on the mushroom is exceptionally cute.


I also stumbled across one of my grandmother's favourite cookbooks, which has her favourite sponge cake recipes! There are some classic recipes here that I can't wait to try out. Like little jam filled sponge cupcakes... yum! It's so good finding out more about my grandmother and trying to recreate some of the things she used to make.


4 comments:

kt said...

how cute is your cousin (and so little)!

I love that your Grandma's recipe book has found a new home where it is treasured and loved. that's just so precious.

Liesl said...

Fantastic looking giant cookies. I'm inspired to make something similar ... if only for the fact that they wouldn't fit in a container and would need to be consumed post-haste!

Groupon Clone said...

Such a wonderful post. Thanks for the share.
Web Design|Web Development| Quora Clone|

Gateway laptop keyboard said...

Well... round about every blog posts online don't have much originality as I found on yours.. Just keep updating much useful information so that reader like me would come back over and over again.