Friday 20 June 2008

A week in my kitchen: My big orange pot

I was a very lucky girl indeed when I received this as a 21st birthday present. I use this pot for everything, from boiling pasta to slow cooking ratatouille on for hours on cold Sunday afternoons. The reason why I love it so much (apart from it being orange, my all time favourite colour) is because not only does it look elegant, but it's entirely functional. The heavy base keeps the contents warm for ages, and it cooks your food evenly. It can go in the oven as well as on the stovetop. And, most importantly, the enamel coating makes it easy to clean. Its size lends itself well to cooking up large batch meals, which I like to do on the weekends. If I have friends coming over I know I can make a massive risotto or batch of soup and still have leftovers. You also know that you will never in your lifetime need to replace it, and most likely not in your childrens' lifetime either.

1 comment:

kt said...

is it a new old pot? it's super cool.. looks like our fondue pot from the 70's!

I'm glad you like orange.. I almost didn't put that orange fabric I used for the ties on your apron - thinking it was too girly and bright. I'm glad I did :D