(Hee hee, sorry, I just could not resist slipping that one in!)
I whipped up a bunch of little soft shoes over the long weekend using this pattern. The instructions were very easy to follow and these shoes were easy to make. I did need to go out and purchase a leather needle for my machine before I got started though. In the last Sassy Apron Swap, Katie very kindly added some extra material from which to make the soles out of, and I had a few suede scraps that my mum donated to me as well (she makes teddy bears and uses suede for the paws), so I was all set to go.
They proved to be very quick and easy to make, about an hour each, and I'm sure with some practice and more organisation they'd be quicker. The little black dinosaur shoes were my first attempt, and I was much happier with the ones I made after that. I got a bit creative, appliqueing little robots and dinosaurs onto everything. After taking a look at my fabric collection, it seems I have a thing for robots...
Two of the five have already been passed on and went down a treat with my cousin's little boy. I will post the other three off to my friend, Von, today. She likes robots too! (Only four pairs are shown because I made two identical pairs of booties with red robots)
Summary: Quick, easy and fun. Would definitely make again.