Gib is away doing an open water diving course and although I'll miss his company, it means I get to totally overrun the study with my crafting and sewing for the entire weekend. I'll be updating this post as I go so please comment and provide suggestions as I've never done anything like this before and it's quite likely that I'm doing it all wrong!
Already I'm learning about how much to load up each leaf with paint, how much pressure to apply etc. There's a definite knack and it's a good I have lots of scraps on hand to practice with! The best leaves I have used so far have been from our lemon geranium and a fern. They're a bit heavy in spots, but I don't think it's such a bad thing. The black ones smudged a little because I rolled the roller over the leaves twice. Learning.
This is actually quite a lot of fun. Reminds me of kindergarten and watching episodes of Playschool where they did painting and all of those awesome things that I "grew out of".
I got bored of printing (because, like in my kindergarten days, I have the attention span of a fly) so I decided to whip up a pin cushion using some one of the leaf prints.