Friday 8 August 2008

Oh, cup of tea? Yes please!

It's been quite a long week this week, so I'm glad to be sitting at home sipping on a cosy cup of tea... from my new teapot! I think my tea consumption has gone up quite a bit since buying it just because I love it so much. As if I didn't drink enough tea already! I went op shopping last weekend with my mum and picked it up from one of my favourite local Salvos stores. After bringing it home and cleaning it up a little bit, I noticed that the lid was a little bit smaller than what it should be. I think the lid must have been from a matching sugar bowl at some stage. It still works fine. What I loved about it was its cute little spout and, of course, the colour.

The milk jug I picked up a few weeks ago at the Melbourne Design Market and I am totally in love with it. It makes me smile whenever I look at it for some reason. I just like the shape of it and the surface texture. It's so simple and neat.


I say it's been a long week, but it really has been quite fun and not a bad at all. It just feels like a long week (possibly because I have lots of ideas that I want to get started on over the weekend!). I had a meeting with my supervisor yesterday and everything on the PhD front seems to be on track and so I kind of lost momentum to go into work today. It's funny that - I get told I'm doing ok and instead of it spurring me on it makes me slack of the next day! But the weather was just so nice outside: how could I possibly spend the entire day in a dull office with weather like this? So I spent the afternoon weeding the garden in the sunshine.

3 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hello, I'm Pat and I'm visiting from Gina of Gingerbread's blog. She mentioned you in a post about all she's learned from you, and I'm glad I came over as I love your recipes and found your blog very enjoyable.

Jenaveve said...

I just adore these two - they are so sleek and simple in their design, I'd want to be using them at any opportunity! Especially love the colour of the pot.

Kate Moore said...

I love an afternoon of weeding. Love a cup of tea. Love, love, love that tea pot and jug. The Sydney Design '08 markets are on this weekend and I'm a-goin'. I've just come across your blog and will have a good browse through. Cheers and have a good week.