Wednesday 27 August 2008

Whipping up some bibs...

Inspired by Curlypops' wonderful bib making, I decided to try making some of my own (instead of working on the apron for the swap - at least it's all cut out ready to go now). Here's my first attempt. The pattern is based on another bib I picked up cheaply. I need to attach something on the ends so they stick together... should I use velcro or a press stud? I really have no idea, since I don't have any small children myself and don't have much general small child experience! Any suggestions?

I have plenty more ideas for bibs and have so much awesome kids fabric to use. And most importantly, lots of babies to make bibs for!

5 comments:

Liesl said...

That is a really cute bib. Almost too nice to get dribble and food on :)

I really like velcro as a closure, as it can be opened and closed one-handed. The downside is that older babies can pull their bib off and that bits or lint and thread tend to stick in the velcro after a lot of washes!

Cindy said...

I do think the velcro is the easiest one handed operation. I love the seal looking up at the little person. Sooo cute.

CurlyPops said...

That's so cute!
Velcro is definitely the easiest although the lint in the wash is annoying.

Unknown said...

I vote for snaps. Easier to wash, and harder for the kid to escape from :)

kt said...

aww so very cute love that seal!

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who still hasn't finished my apron (love that you wrote it in teeny tiny letters too so we wouldn't notice hehe) Seriously no inspiration for this one like I had for yours!!

oh and I vote for snaps to keep it on more and if chucked in a baby bag the velcro won't catch on other fabric items? but then again I've never had a baby either...