Sunday 31 August 2008

This is... my favourite fabric/craft supplies shop

Kim Anh Fabrics on a late, sunny Saturday afternoon

This is my all time favourite fabric and craft supplies shop: Kim Anh Fabrics, in Oakleigh. Why do I love it so much? They stock a great brilliant range of fabrics, mostly dress and suit making fabrics, but also many cotton fabrics for quilting, kids designs, flannelette, brocades, pure wool fabrics... but be warned, this place is full to the brim - almost overflowing - with fabrics of all types and sometimes you need to contort your body in strange ways to get around the shop.

They also stock tons of "handy things": twill tapes of all colours and widths, bobbins sold individually, zippers, braids, trims, ric rac of all sizes and colours, buckles, buttons...

And the best part is they are cheap but still great quality.

Kim Anh Fabrics
26a Portman St
Oakleigh VIC 3166
(03) 9568 7313
Open Monday - Saturday
Map:


View Larger Map

Thanks to handmaiden for a great topic and to Angela at Three Buttons for hosting This is... (go here to join in!)

4 comments:

Liesl said...

I think I will need to take a drive. It sounds like my kind of store!

Kate Moore said...

Oh I wish I had a good craft store. I spent the better part of two hours standing in lines 30 people deep at the "chain" craft store, one of only two among the 300,000-strong population where I live.

kt said...

Sounds like a great store. If I ever get to Melbourne I am going to get you to right me a list of 'stores to visit' ok :)

Yes my apron is nearly finished. I just have to add the ties on and put the bias binding around the oven mits I made.
my inspiration came late too - three ironing board covers in a sale bucket on the way out of spotlight in a cute apple fabric! Lucky our time diff means it is not quite the 1st over in the US now :) but mines only going to Canberra anyway so it will get there quickly. Can't wait to see what yours looks like :)

Anonymous said...

I buy online at iluvfabrix.com.

They have magnificent fabrics and there always seems to be a sale going on.

If you want to have a look, click this link (sorry if it doesn't work): htttp://www.iluvfabrix.com/products.php

Have fun, Lanny